Training type – Tailored
Overview: Mental Health…What’s it all about? Designed locally, MHAT takes a fresh approach to disentangle the often confusing area of Mental Health and how it impacts on ourselves, our families and the wider society around us.
1) Understand the differences between mental health problems, Mental Health and Mental Wellbeing
2) Have an understanding of different mental health problems including signs, symptoms and causes.
3) Gain knowledge as to the effects of mental health problems on a person’s self-esteem and wellbeing.
4) Appreciate the impact of stigma and discrimination experienced by people with mental health problems.
5) Have an opportunity to look at our mental health and look at ways of supporting it.
6) Gain an understanding of the prevalence of mental health problems in today’s society and the myths surrounding mental health problems.
Duration: 1 Day – 20 people